Student Barber Battle Competition
Hosted by: Los Angeles Celebrity Barber Darrin Lyons know as DL Master Barber.
- Competition in 5 different categories:* Fade, Clipper over Comb, Comb Over, Graphic Design, and High Top. (See the competition rules below.)
- Trophy and prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place finish **
- Grand Prize*** drawing for 2 to attend BARBERcon June 10-11th 2018 in New York ($2,000 Value includes: Air, Hotel and entry into BARBERcon.)
AIB Student Barber Battle Competition Rules
- Competition open to all currently enrolled barber or cosmetology students at any school.
- Student must pay $25 event entry fee and $25 per category in which they desire to participate.
- All purchases are final with no refunds.
- One model per paid category will be admitted with each competitor at no charge.
- Drivers License or other ID may be required to verify online purchases.
- Competitors must provide all appropriate equipment and tools for participation in the event.
- All competitors must be present 15 minutes prior to the beginning of their event for final registration.
- Each category will have a 45-minute time limit.
- Models hair can have no pre-work. ie. Cut, design, style.
- The hair of models must have a significant alteration to the style. (Amount of hair cut)
- Judges will utilize a 10 point score system per category.
- Events schedules will be posted on March 23, 2018, at aibschool.edu and Facebook
- Prizes will be awarded at the end of the event.
- The grand prize will be awarded by placing the first place winners into a drawing box. The name pulled from the box will be awarded the Grand Prize. The winner will then select their travel partner. This could be another student or spouse, etc. The hotel accommodation is double occupancy. (two guests to room)