Hey Future Professionals if you are looking to stay on trend and recommend new styles to your guests, consider some of these up-and-coming hair trends.
Top 5 Hair Trends for 2018
- Boyish Bangs — Choppy bangs that accentuate pixie cuts have been all over the runways this season. This simple and easy style can perfectly complement nearly any hair cut, which is one of the reasons it will be on the rise throughout all of 2018. It’s an easy technique for new stylists to learn, and a great way to kick off the new year.
- Accessorize with 90s Style — The 90s are back in full force, from crushed velvet dresses to throw back toys like the Tamagotchi. The 90s are also infiltrating hair accessories. In 2018, you can expect to bust out those scrunchies again, as well as simple barrettes. It will be easy to match hairstyles to any outfit with these functional, yet fashionable, accessories.
- Timeless Blowout — Royal icons like Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle have made the blowout the must-have look of the season. It’s a style that is timeless yet functional, working for both casual as well as elegant affairs. In 2018, anyone can resemble their favorite graceful style star when they request a classic blowout from their professional hair stylist.
- Braids with a Twist — In another nod to the 90s, braids are back in style in 2018. Forget the French braids and double braids of your youth, however. The braids of today are creative and stylish, making them a sophisticated option for professional commitments, personal fun and formal evenings. Don’t forget to suggest an accessory to truly set your clients’ braids apart from the rest, and you’ll be right on point with 2018 style.
- Shag Styles — Women with curly hair can let their natural beauty shine through in 2018. Big, bold and shaggy curls are all the rage this year. The right cut combined with hair products that will enhance the curls will keep your clients just right for this year and keep them coming back for more.
If you are not already in the profession and you’re passionate about these new looks, now is the right time to schedule an appointment with an admissions representative and start towards your awesome new career. Contact American Institute of Beauty today. Call the admissions department – Largo Campus at 727-532-2125 or the Saint Petersburg Campus at 727-826-0969.